Saturday, September 14, 2013

No Easy Task

I have spent six years of my life studying child development and theory, family development and psychology, infancy and prenatal development...

I've spent countless hours caring for young children and several years teaching two and three year olds... 

With all of the knowledge and experience I have packed away, I felt extremely confident when we brought our first daughter Nora home from the hospital three and half years ago...

Let me tell you something...Being a parent is HARD. 

Being a parent is the toughest AND most important job you will ever have in your lifetime. Part of what makes parenting a challenge for me is KNOWING how important EVERYTHING I say or do is. And it is. The experiences a child has in their first five years of life develop who they will be, what they will become; it will shape their thoughts and opinions, define their personality, affect the choices they make, and their relationships for the rest of their life.

Feeling the pressure yet? 

Parenting is no easy task. 

I've opened "the Family Room" as a place to encourage and help parents by sharing my knowledge of child development combined with my "on the job" experiences. I hope that by sharing my journey, both the positive and negative, you will find...

...support, because you are NOT alone
...encouragement, because bad days happen to the best of us
...community, because we NEED to be able to relate to someone in our same situation and/or phase of life
...confidence, because you CAN DO THIS!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I hope you stick around :) Find my facebook page at www.facebook.com/familyroom and use it as a place to ask advice from other parents and offer suggestions or success stories that may benefit another family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment